in this section, we ask catalan and spanish sports journalists five questions about the elections for president of fc barcelona. today: albert lesan from catalan local television station canal català.
1. Jaume Ferrer has the qualities needed to be president of Barça?
Yes he has, although I want to see how he will manage the support or the poisoned gift that he received from Laporta.
2. You have publicly given your support to Sandro Rosell? Why?
I think it's the best thing that can happen to Barça. He is a great person and he wants to serve Barça and not serve himself. I know him for a while now and I like his club model and his way of being. We will very soon have a gentleman as president.
3. Joan Laporta would be re-elected if he could again take part in the elections?
Definitely not. It was already clear at the time of the motion of no confidence that people reject him. What is not very clear to me is if he will one day again preside the club.
4. Your talkshow has set up the Facebook group in support of the candidacy of Carles Rexach. What will happen now that the required number of 5.000 members has been achieved? Rexach will really take part? And if so, will he do that alone or will he have no other option than to look for an alliance with another candidate?
We are all waiting for the decision of Charlie. I know he is taking his possible candidacy very seriously, but I don't know if he in the end will dare to do it.
5. The decision to organize the elections on 13 June was right?
Horrible. Elections should be on a match day. Laporta's fear of losing control makes him commit this kind of blunders. I wonder what Laporta is afraid of? I hope that the veils will be lifted when the new president takes office. And if there is nothing wrong, they should say that everything is fine; but if there are punishable offenses, this should be reported.
THE EXTRAS If you were a club member of Barça, who would you vote for or certainly not vote for?
I'm not a member but for many years I went to the Camp Nou and paid for a family season-ticket. If I was, I would vote for Rosell.
All your possessions are at stake. Give the top-3 of the elections on 13 June.
Rosell, Benedito, Ferrer.
Thank you for this interview and your time. Good luck in covering the rest of the season and the elections.
read the previous episodes of this series:
francisco ávila (efe) - miquel pellicer (el mundo deportivo) - edu polo (ona fm) - abraham clotet (sport) - victor lozano (onda cero) - sergi de juan (el 9 esportiu) - cristian pulina (eurosport) - joan domènech(el periódico) - sergi mas(com ràdio)