Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Soriano confirms support for Ingla

Speaking to Spanish radio station Cadena Ser, former Barcelona economic vice-president Ferran Soriano has said that he would support a presidential candidacy of former Barcelona marketing and sports vice-president Marc Ingla, who left the club together with Soriano in 2008:

"Marc Ingla is excited with the idea of running for president. He is a colleague and a friend and I think as part of the group of directors both he and myself are among the fathers of the management of FC Barcelona in recent years.

The last seven years of club management have been positive, the club has moved forward and I think that it is right and good that all those who participated in one way or another are also present in the elections and I don't think this campaign should be reduced to 'all against one'.

If Marc Ingla decides to participate, I will help him the way I can, but I don't yet know how. I have already said that I would certainly take part in the campaign, but always in a positive way and I won't come out until the campaign starts."

Read more:
Ingla preparing his election campaign
Soriano awaiting election events
Ingla has decided to run for president