Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Miquel Pou retires and gives support to Rosell

Through a note on the Facebook page of his candidacy, Majorcan university employee Miquel Pou has announced that he withdraws his candidacy for president of FC Barcelona and that he gives his support to presidential candidate and former sports vice-president Sandro Rosell:

"A few weeks ago, I went to listen to the candidate Sandro Rosell in the Majorcan town of Inca. His program was 100% the same as ours. This past weekend, I went to Barcelona and I could hear him again, and I was able to check first hand that what he says is the same everywhere.

Given that there is a serious danger that the continuism stays in power, I want to let you know that I have decided to withdraw my candidacy and to support Sandro Rosell as the next president of FC Barcelona.

I want to clarify that I did not talk with him and that he nor anyone from his team has ofered me something. So to all the people, organizations and fan clubs that have supported me until today, I ask all of you from now on to help Sandro Rosell to become president of FC Barcelona."

Read more:
Majorcan Miquel Pou running for president
Francesc Mane will run for president
Presentation video of candidate Miquel Pou