Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ingla confirms that he will run for president

Speaking to Catalan radio station Catalunya Ràdio, former Barcelona marketing and sports vice-president Marc Ingla has confirmed the rumours that he will take part in the elections for president of FC Barcelona:

"My intention is to present a candidacy. This hasn't been just an individual decision, but a joint decision of a group of colleagues and friends.

I will run for president because I love the club, because I'm passionate about Barça, about football and about sports in general. But also because we think we can add things that are different and another point of view.

I don't want to enter discussions between Barcelona fans and groups. I want to offer the member a model with the maximum credibility that guarantees exits, not only on a sporting level but also on a social and economic level. I have a good feeling about this, I'm getting the support of a lot of members."

Read more:
Ingla has decided to run for president
Soriano, Vicens and maybe Godall in Ingla team
Ingla preparing his election campaign