Monday, February 22, 2010

Rosell: "Sport is a passion and a way of living"

Barcelona presidential candidate Sandro Rosell gave an interview to the website of the Global Sports Forum, a sports conference that will be held in Barcelona next month and in which Rosell will take part.


What does sport mean to you, in general and in your daily life?
For me, sport is a passion and a way of living and understanding life. Sport is very important in my every day life. It helps me to find the balance between my body, soul and mind.

Which sport do you play yourself?
Football of course and I like running very much.

What is your favourite team?
My favorite team is FC Barcelona, the best team in the world.

Who is your favourite sportsman?
I have a few, but if I have to choose one, I would say Michael Jordan.

What's your dearest sports memory?
I have several. The first, and the most important one for my career, were the Olympic Games in Barcelona in 1992. Later there was the World Cup in Corea and Japan in 2002 and, as you can imagine, all the victories of Barça.

In a few words, how will the sports map look like in twenty years from now?
Now time is running very fast and technologies are advancing quick, so it is very difficult to know what is going to happen in a far away future. But sport will always be sport.

Read more:
Everybody knows Sandro Rosell
Could Rosell and Ferrer strike a deal?
Rosell wants to cancel sports director