Friday, February 26, 2010

Rexach has almost enough Facebook support

The Facebook group that was created after former Barcelona player and manager Carles Rexach had said that he will run for president if such a group would gather 5.000 members has already more than 4.300 followers (read more here).

Rexach spoke earlier this week about the issue in his weekly column in Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo:

"I made the bet that if I would receive the support of 5.000 fans at Facebook, I would take part in the Barça elections. I just accepted like that, among other things because I hardly know what this Facebook thing is about.

But reporters are calling me every now and then and say 'ay, ay, ay!' because the list of supporters is getting longer every day, but we'll see what happens. In any case, there is still a lot of time left for the elections..."

Read more:
Rexach will run if he gets Facebook support
Medina continues to work on candidacy
Poll result: Would Rexach be good president?