Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Minguella still didn't decide on candidacy

Asked if he will again take part in the presidential elections next year (read more here), former players' agent Josep Maria Minguella has said in an interview with Catalan sports paper El 9 Esportiu that he didn't yet make a decision:

"I've always lived everything that relates to Barça in a very intense way, and especially the elections. I won't deny that I would like to run, but one should take into account many circumstances.

On the one hand, I am very aware that I'm now seven years older than when I ran last time. When the elections will be held, I will almost be seventy years old, and although I'm in great shape and still very active, I need to start to value a number of things.

What I nevertheless think is that we need to improve the electoral spectrum. There must be a candidacy that has nothing to do with Laporta. This campaign can't just be about laportism and anti-laportism. Therefore, I want to keep on waiting and see how everything evolves."

Minguella, who now mainly acts as a Barcelona pundit for a number of radio and television shows, took part in the 2003 elections, when he ended fifth (out of six contenders) with 1.867 votes (3,62%). The Catalan supported last year's vote of no confidence against the board.

Read more:
Will former super-agent run for president?
Cartoon 17: Minguella offering himself
Minguella hoping for non-Laporta linked candidate