Monday, April 26, 2010

Castells denies talks with Ferrer and Ingla

Asked about the rumours that he has been holding talks with Barcelona presidential candidate Jaume Ferrer and possible candidate Marc Ingla (read more here), former Barcelona vice-president Joan Castells has explicitly denied the contacts in an interview with Spanish news agency EFE:

"It's absolutely false that I have been talking with them. If they want to know something about me, they know where they can find me. I'm open for talks with whoever wants that. Later, I will analyze everything. Setting up a candidacy myself? That's difficult now."

EFE claims that Castells has been talking with other club members who want to take part in the elections, while at the same time thinking about leading an own candidacy. After weeks of reflection, he would now have excluded the latter.

Read more:
Former director Castells considering election role
Joan Castells unlikely candidate
Former vice-presidents Ingla and Castells talking