Sunday, November 26, 2006

Ronaldinho shines in 4-0 win over Villarreal

Brazilian star Ronaldinho netted what is already being hailed as one of the goals of the season in Spain when he completed the scoring in Barcelona's 4-0 win over Villarreal at the Nou Camp on Saturday night.

"Ronnie" opened the scoring with a 35th-minute penalty and rounded off the defending champions' victory with a spectacular overhead kick just before the end for his league-leading 10th goal this season.

New forward Eidur Gudjohnsen and midfielder Andres Iniesta also scored.

In fact, the Brazilian controlled Xavi's pinpoint cross with his chest, before sending an acrobatic overhead kick into the back of the Villarreal net, giving Villarreal's keeper Mariano Barbosa no chance to save.

Then, Ronaldinho admitted it was the sort of thing he regularly tries in training, and also revealed one of his other goalscoring hopes.

"I have scored a goal I always dreamed of," he admitted. "I thought about controlling the cross and making it as simple as possible, but the ball was as it was, and I did that.

"There's no doubt, this goal is going to stay with me for life.

"I have always attempted things like that in training, and to invent new things, and it has gone well.

"I have felt a different emotion, with the full stadium and the fans treating me with much affection," Ronaldinho concluded.