Monday, December 14, 2009

Puyol not thinking about elections

Barcelona central defender and captain Carles Puyol gave an interview to Catalan sports paper Sport during which he also talked about the upcoming presidential elections.


How does the captain of the team look at the election process?
Honestly, is not an issue I think about. I am focused on playing, I don't know when the campaign will start or when elections will be held. These are things that we cannot control. We will be focusing on playing, on competing for the titles, that's the most important thing for us. I'm sure that each candidate will do his job and that they will look for the best for Barça.

As a club member, will you come out and vote?
If I will be around, I certainly will do that. Although since one cannot vote by mail, it will be impossible when I'm out of the country.

Read more:
The Quote: Carles Puyol
Begiristian could leave for Premier League
Cesc gives his ok to presidential candidates