Saturday, February 6, 2010

Vice-president Yuste won't take part in campaign

Asked about his role in the upcoming elections, Barcelona sports vice-president Rafael Yuste (picture, on the left) has said in an interview with Catalan radio station RAC 1 that he will stay at the club until the end of the term of the board and that he won't participate in the electoral process:

"I have said last week at the board meeting that I will stay on until 30 June, together with Txiki Begiristain. As sports vice-president, I think that I need to stay close to the team and the president. And after that, we'll see what will have happened in the elections. If Alfons Godall is elected president, something I hope will be the case, and he wants me to stay, I'm totally at his disposal to continue with this model."

The statements of Yuste came after Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo claimed that Yuste would not be part of the campaign team of Godall, but would after the election join the new board if Godall would be chosen, although pointing out that there would also be a chance that Yuste could follow current Barcelona president Joan Laporta if the latter decides to enter politics.

Read more:
Vice-president Yuste still hoping for board unity
Directors considering to leave the club
The five vice-presidents of Godall