Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Could Soriano lead Godall candidacy?

Asked about a possible partnership with former Barcelona economic vice-president Ferran Soriano (picture) ahead of the presidential elections in June (read more here), Barcelona first vice-president Alfons Godall didn't exclude in an interview with Spanish television channel TVE that Soriano could lead a joint candidacy:

"I've never denied and I will never deny that Ferran Soriano and other colleagues that left with him [in july 2008, after the vote of no confidence] have done an excellent job, especially in the economic area but also regarding the organization of the club and so on.

I think that it would be very positive for the club to recover Ferran Soriano and people of the group that supported him.
I have a good personal relationship with Ferran, with Marc [Ingla, former vice-president] and every now and then we talk.

Should I be the number one if we team up? That's an issue that is totally open for discussion. From now until 13 June, there are a lot of days left, although my position is in principle clear. I've presented myself as pre-candidate and I want to be candidate and president."


Read more:
Soriano: "I don't rule out anything"
Godall: "I'm not the puppet of Laporta"
Poll result: What should Ferran Soriano do?