in this section, we ask catalan and spanish sports journalists five questions about the elections for president of fc barcelona. today: victor lozano from spanish radio station onda cero.
1. The two main candidates - Sandro Rosell and Alfons Godall - have a different campaign strategy with a more active Godall and a Rosell who is waiting. Both have chosen the best option for their particular interests?
Yes. Sandro has already done a lot of the work and showing up in public now can only harm him. As far as Godall is concerned, despite the fact that he's a director, he needs to come out more to be seen by the people as the standard-bearer of the continuism.
2. When will Ferran Soriano announce his decision on how he will take part in the elections?
Shortly after the electoral campaign has started, when he will see more clearly how the electoral landscape looks like.
3. Everybody talks about Rosell, Godall and Soriano. One of the other candidates (Ferrer, Benedito, Guixà) can cause an upset?
Absolutely not. In fact, the most likely thing is that they all end up trying to join one of the other candidacies.
4. Joan Laporta is an advantage or an obstacle for Alfons Godall?
If he knows how to manage it, it's an advantage, and actually a very big one.
5. What is the role of the media in the elections? Is it possible that certain media or individual journalists will openly support a candidate?
There sure will be alliances depending on the interests of each one. Barça is a very sweet cake and sadly everyone wants a piece of it, and even more so when it has chocolate and blueberries on it. In principle the press is watching things for now, although there are already some who have positioned themselves very clearly.
THE EXTRAS As a club member of Barça, who will you vote for?
All your possessions are at stake. Give the top-3 of the elections on 13 June.
Sandro Rosell, Ferran Soriano, Alfons Godall
Thank you for this interview and your time. Good luck in covering the rest of the season and the elections.
read the previous episodes of this series:
francisco ávila (efe)
miquel pellicer (el mundo deportivo)
edu polo (ona fm)
abraham clotet (sport)