Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cruyff won't support any candidate

Asked if he will support a candidate in the upcoming elections for president of FC Barcelona, Barcelona honorary president Johan Cruyff has said in an interview with Catalan sports paper El 9 Esportiu that he will not speak ouy:

"I won't. I have now a position that forces me to think about what is good for the club. I imagine that we all talk nonsense every now and then, but you should try to avoid it.

But I am curious to know why some of those who are running now have resigned before, and whether they would do it again, to know why they did not agree and if they still disagree or if they want to rectify. That wouldn't be an error, but recognizing that at the time of leaving, they were wrong. That is how athletes do it, you only improve by being self-critical."

Read more:
Cruyff becomes honorary president
The Quote: Sandro Rosell
Guixa and Benedito want members to ratify Cruyff