Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rexach trying to set up campaign

In his weekly column in Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo, former Barcelona player and coach Carles Rexach has said that he is earnestly looking at the option to take part in the presidential elections after a Facebook group in his support reached more than 5.000 members (read more here):

"Last week, when I wrote my article, there didn't yet were 5.000 fans who supported me on Facebook. Now I've already passed that barrier and, as promised, I'm seriously considering the possibility of running for president.

I have been a player, assistant coach, manager and sports director at Barça, so the only thing I have left is to become director or president. I will work very hard for the people who have given me their support. To be able to have a chance, I will now have to find a reliable team.

If I will have succeeded in doing that, then it will be time to put on paper the ideas I have in my head, knowing that at the sporting level you have to change very little. But for now, step by step, we should create a group."

Read more:
Rexach seriously considering to run for president
Poll result: Would Rexach be good president?
Rexach has Facebook support he asked for