Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Candidacies carrying out polls

Catalan sports paper Sport claims that the position of Barcelona first vice-president Alfons Godall during the informal board meeting on Monday - wishing to set up a joint candidacy with former Barcelona economic vice-president Ferran Soriano - was based on his candidacy's latest poll result (read more here).

The poll would show that Godall or Barcelona assets vice-president Jaume Ferrer could not win the elections alone, with former Barcelona sports vice-president Sandro in that case being the winner, but that Soriano can already count on 20% of the voting intentions without having confirmed his candidacy and that a candidacy that would include Soriano, Godall and Ferrer would win the elections.

The candidacy of Ferrer would carry out a new poll this evening among 400 club members before the game against Osasuna. An earlier poll, dated 27 February, would have had the following result: Rosell 40%, Soriano 10%, Godall 7% and Ferrer 3%. According to that poll, 30% of the voters would still be undecided.

When the same poll included a Soriano-Godall-Ferrer candidacy among the options, that candidacy reportedly got more than 30% of the votes, while the percentage for Rosell dropped and the number of undecided voters stayed the same.

During an informal meeting an Monday evening, Ferrer would have told people that were present, among which some Barcelona bloggers, that polls show that 30% of the members would vote for Rosell, but that the other 70% would not consider in any case a vote for the former sports vice-president.

Barcelona presidential candidate Agustí Benedito meanwhile said on Monday during the presentation of his logo that his polls show that a large majority of the voters do not yet have an idea about who they will vote for: "Our studies tell us that 99 days before the elections, 83% of the club members didn't yet made a decision of their vote."

Read more:
Soriano carrying out election poll
Poll Rosell confirms his big lead
Ferrer feels backed by own poll