Monday, January 4, 2010

Montal: "Rosell could be good president"

Former Barcelona president Agustí Montal (1969-1977) gave an interview to Catalan sports paper El 9 Esportiu, in which he talked about the presidential elections.


What are your thoughts on the upcoming elections?
It is difficult to predict what will happen. We're talking about 150.000 club members and many of them are not going to the stadium. The circumstances have changed a lot. Laporta's legacy are the sporting successes, but all those who have worked alongside him are responsible for that, even Sandro Rosell, who could be a good president, like any other board member.

Who will you vote for?
I won't say that for now. But when the day comes, I might say it. I am entitled to do so. However, when the winner will be known I will give my support to the new board, something I have always done.

Read more:
Ex-president Montal avoids election involvement
Former president Nunez to run with support Cruyff
The Quote: Joan Gaspart