Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Rosell skeptical about economic situation

Barcelona presidential candidate and former sports vice-president Sandro Rosell gave an interview to the Spanish version of men's monthly magazine Esquire. Some excerpts.


The presidency
"The biggest danger of being president of Barça is that you lose it. That is why you should surround yourself with competent people, who have a solid head on their shoulders and who always tell you the truth. I sure will not allow the club to get involved in political issues."

The economic situation of the club
"I'm skeptical. Each week new things come out. The truth is that it's difficult to believe everything that is said by the current board. The club members have the right to know the truth and if I get elected, I will convoke a general assembly to inform about the real economic situation. I also think the sale of the Miniestadi should be reconsidered because it looks like Barça in the end won't earn a lot from it."

Johan Cruyff
"I cannot forbid anyone to give his opinion. Besides, even if I would, he would continue talking."

Read more:
Rosell gives first interview ahead of elections
Which role could Cruyff play in the elections?
Live Coverage: Twitter chat session Sandro Rosell