Thursday, June 10, 2010

Plaza will return blank ballot paper

Asked by this blog who he will vote for in the elections for president of FC Barcelona on Sunday, former Barcelona presidential pre-candidate Alexis Plaza, who didn't pass the signatures' cut, has said he won't give his vote to any of the four candidates:

"As far as I see it: whoever wins, everything will stay the same. We were the only real alternative for what happened over the past eight years. I also don't consider it to be ethical to use my position to favour another candidate.

I will of course go to the Camp Nou on Sunday to vote, but I will return a blank ballot paper. Said that, I can assure that no matter who will be elected as president, he will have my support until the end."

Read more:
Plaza: "I hope to run again in 2022"
The final number of signatures of support
Plaza rejects offer to sell signatures