Sunday, January 10, 2010

Rosell and Ferrer want fitness entrepreneur

Asked about his rumoured involvement in the upcoming presidential elections, Ramón Canela (picture, second from the right), chief executive of the Catalan chain of fitness centres DiR has said in an interview with Catalan radio station RAC 1 that he received an offer of two presidential candidates to be part of their team:

"First, it's not true that I will run for president. That's not possible because I couldn't combine it with my business activities. But it's a fact that two candidates, Sandro Rosell and Jaume Ferrer, have asked me to join them. I think I can add things in terms of management but he who runs for president will of course have the final say.

I'm a friend of both Rosell and Ferrer, and also of Alfons Godall. If I can help and if they're interested... There's a lot of movement at this moment. I also think Ferran Soriano will come out at some point and join another candidacy. He has great economic skills, something other projects lack.

If I take part that would be as a possible director but first I want to talk about the content of the project. I think I can add a lot because in the end I have thirty years of experience in the world of sports. In a different area of course but I can bring a lot to the table when it comes down to management."

Read more:
Candidates compete for future board members
Could Ferrer team up with Rosell?
The Rosell Project - Part 4: The Board (2)