Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Gabriel Milito returned after serious injury


Argentinian player Gabriel Milito returned to action after recovering from a terible knee injury. Milito took part of the game where Barcelona beated Bolivia's Bolivar 4-1. It was the Argentina defender's first match since he injured his right knee in a Champions League semifinal against Manchester United in April 2008.

The defender stated that he'd recovered those "old feelings" after playing the first half of the game: "This was a very special day for me. I recovered those old feelings," Milito said after his return at Barcelona's Joan Gamper training ground. "I played the first half just as the coach planned."

We must remember that the troubled player had two operations on the knee -- which he had previously injured eight years ago -- in the last 18 months. But now he is confident and almost completely recovered: "I have confidence, security and optimism. I'm making very important steps but I'm still in the midst of the recovery stage. I don't know if i'm ready to play an official match. How long? There's still some time to go."